Mark Twain Cave Complex - Family owned since 1923
Mark Twain Cave Complex hosts the first show cave in the Missouri dating back to 1886. The cave has been open and shown continuously during all the wars, the great depression and today. Come see for yourself all the natural wonder, beauty and the history, fictional and non-fictional, that our cave has to offer. In 1972, Mark Twain Cave became a Registered National Natural Landmark. Mark Twain said, “the cave is an uncanny place of crooked passages that run in and out again and never end.” Also he said, “I got lost in there myself with a lady and our candle was knocked out by a bat...We were in there for 3 days and 2 nights.” Tom would bring bats home from the cave to show his mother.
The Mark Twain Cave Complex is always hopping with special events and fun activities for the entire family!
• As always, boys and girls can whitewash the fence just like Tom and his friends.
• Mark Twain Show (maybe you can ask him questions about Tom.)
• New Lantern Tour which will take you off the regular tour path
begins Memorial Day weekend at 8 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays only
• Haunted Tours are offered on select weekends in October at 6 PM
* Christmas Tours are offered around the Holiday Season
For group rates and to make reservations call 800-527-0304.
Reservations are not set until confirmed from with the Mark Twain Cave.