Cameron Cave offers two tours. One is the normal walking tour by flashlight and the second is the Total Eclipse Tour.
The Cameron Cave Tour is a geological tour.
Cameron Cave is the third largest maze cave in the Northern Hemisphere. Cameron Cave’s constant temperature is 57 degrees. It is a labyrinth cave where the passages are very tightly woven together. There is no electricity in Cameron Cave – everyone carries a flashlight. Cameron Cave is inspected annually for safety.
One of the jewels of Cameron Cave is our bat population. The cave is shown May through September* which allows our bats to hibernate during the fall and winter months thus ensuring a population of healthy bats.
*Cameron Cave is open Memorial Day through Labor Day
*Cameron Cave will be closed August 19-23, and August 26-30 in 2019
Things to remember about your adventure:
1. There is a quarter mile hike to the entrance of Cameron Cave from our Visitor’s Center
2. Please wear sensible walking shoes
3. It remains a constant 57 degrees year round
4. It is a flat surface for walking, and are no steps
5. Not wheelchair accessible
No food or beverages in the cave.