If you are looking for something more adventurous than our typical guided walking tours of Mark Twain and Cameron Cave, we offer an off-route tour of Cameron Cave which is more physically demanding.
The Total Eclipse Adventure tour is a thrilling 2½- 3 hr adventure that takes you off-route into some of the furthest reaches of Cameron Cave. You will be accompanied by two experienced guides. The tour requires the ability to army crawl about 25ft and to maneuver through a 16in x 18in space. In order to take the tour you must be at least 13 years of age, fit, and in good physical health. The Total Eclipse Adventure Tour is only offered on specific days throughout the year (listed below).
The adventure tour is by reservation only. Participants must be checked in at the Campground Office by 1:30pm on the day of their tour. We provide Helmets and Headlamps. You are encouraged to wear old clothes, long sleeve & long pants are highly suggested. Sturdy shoes are required as you will be scrambling through damp glacial clay and climbing on rough rock. You are welcome to bring a bottle of water. If you would like to wash up after your tour, the campground shower house will be available to you if you would like to bring your own shower supplies.
Each Total Eclipse Tour allows 10 people per tour. A minimum of 4 people is required for the tour to be finalized.
The tour will be offered five separate Saturday’s in 2021:
We do require a credit card number to be taken at the time of your reservation. This card will be charged for the full amount 1 week prior to your tour, at which point it will be non-refundable.
- Things to remember about your adventure:
1. Wear old clothes and close-toed shoes–you will get muddy.
2. Knee pads and elbow pads are suggested. Long pants and long sleeves are also ideal for crawling.
3. You must be able to fit into a 16″x 18″ space and be physically able to army crawl a distance of 25′.
4. You must be in strong physical condition
5. Bring a change of clothes, towel, and shower supplies to clean up afterwards in our campground shower house.
- Things WE supply for your adventure:
1. Helmet with Headlamp
2. Shower House